Creating, Managing And Defending Trusts
Trusts are among the most important and versatile legal tools in estate planning. They can help your beneficiaries avoid probate, minimize tax liabilities, and help one qualify or maintain eligibility for certain forms of government aid. They may provide structured financial support for a loved one who has difficulty managing his or her own money.
In short, a trust can be customized to meet your unique estate planning needs and goals. For this and other reasons, your trust should be created with the guidance of a highly skilled and experienced attorney like those at Avalon Legal Group.
What Kind Of Trust Is Right For You?
Trusts can be changed or dissolved or made permanent (revocable vs. irrevocable). A trust can work with in concert with a will (testamentary trust). Common types of trusts include:
- Special-needs trusts, typically created for a loved one with physical or cognitive disabilities
- Credit shelter trusts for tax-free passage of estate assets
- Spendthrift trusts — structured financial care for loved ones who cannot responsibly manage their own money
- Insurance trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Asset protection trust
At your initial consultation, our lawyers would be happy to discuss what kinds of trusts will work best for your asset portfolio and your family or other beneficiaries.
If conflicts arise as your trusts are administered, our firm can represent your interests in trust disputes and litigation. Common examples of disputes over inheritances through trusts include:
- A beneficiary seeking early access to funds
- Allegations of breach of fiduciary duty
- Allegations of fraud
- Disputes over interpretation of trust provisions
- Petitions to modify trusts and/or remove trustees
- Challenges to the validity of a trust
- Challenges to a trustee’s accountings or failure to account for assets
Because trust litigation often involves disputes among family members, litigation can quickly become personal, as well as drawn-out. As your attorneys, we will work to resolve disputes as quickly and favorably as possible to avoid depleting the estate of the funds in question.
Contact A Trust Creation And Litigation Firm Today
Avalon Legal Group LLC is based in Las Vegas, NV, and serves clients throughout the surrounding area, including Henderson and Clark County. To schedule an in initial consultation with skilled attorneys who can communicate in English, Spanish, Russian and Farsi, call us at 702-522-6450 or fill out our online contact form. Se habla español.